1.07.2011

GIRL FRIDAY ♥ BROOKE SHIELDS CK

When I was a little little girl, I had the double-page advert from my mom's WWD (which used to sort of look like a newspaper) on my wall...of Brooke Shields in her Calvin Klein jeans. It was up there next to my Strawberry Shortcake and Superman or something posters. To this day, that advert is the number one most famous advertisement for women's jeans. And it's still gorgeous. I think it has something to do with not being over-styled or overly sexy. She's wearing simple boots. Yes, it's Brooke, but she was only 15. And yes, it was shot by Richard Avedon, a genius iconic photographer even then. But that doesn't instantly make it the most popular denim ad over 30 years later, does it? So what is it about this advert that makes it so strong so many years later? Take a look and see what you think. PS Why am I looking at old denim ads? Because I'm working with a denim brand right now.♡

I CAN'T REMEMBER IF IT WAS THIS ONE OR THE ONE BELOW. MAYBE BOTH.
AND I STILL HAVE THEM IN A BOX SOMEWHERE.












more girl friday ♥ la sera's katy goodman

i don't know where these images are from :(

No comments: